3.24.2006

very first post

It's always a big thing, the very first post that goes up on a new blog. Today is Friday March 24th. On Tuesday, the 21st, I received a letter in the mail, return address to the Japanese government, informing me that I'd been selected to participate in the Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Program. I'll be leaving for Japan on October 1st, spending time in Tokyo and a host city, meeting with teachers, government officials, locals, visiting schools, and learning about Japanese culture. I also hope to return with a photo gallery of my travels (I will in fact, only the camera to be used is in question).

I am thrilled to say the least. I (almost) cannot believe that I've been selected for this. I know my application materials were strong, I know that I have the ability to write convincingly of my strengths for things like this, but still...I'm pumped.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronica Leaptrott said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

05 April, 2006 18:10  
Blogger Veronica Leaptrott said...

sorry I posted earlier and removed it trying to edit my comment. Congradulations!!! I also received a letter that same week stating that I have been selected to participate in the Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund teacher program. I will travel November 12th. I have been very excited also. I have been searching the web for past participates and happened to come across your blog.

05 April, 2006 18:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home