10.17.2006

sitting at Shogan's Mountain Villa...update from the last few days...

Konbonwa!

It was Friday when last I updated, so forgive me as I outline my thoughts of the last two days, when have been incredibly hectic and filled. Currently I'm sitting on the grass, separated by 3 feet and a handful of rocks from a koi pond being fed by a small waterfall. We're staying tonight at a Ryokan - a traditional Japanese inn, a bed and breakfast. Traditional and modern at the same time: beautiful architecture and surroundings, tatami floors in the rooms and futon mattresses will be pulled out while we're eating dinner to sleep on, but with a flat-screen TV in the room, locking doors, and electric paper lamps to illuminate the garden I'm sitting in when it gets dark. There is however, no internet access. So this'll be another posting that sits for a day before being sent out. Tomorrow we wake here, I'll visit the communal bath, and then we're off to the Kumamoto airport to return to Tokyo. On Wednesday we make a presentation to the other 180 teachers, and we hear theirs, sharing highlights from our host cities. And then, both finally and sadly, I depart from Tokyo's Narita airport on Thursday morning, to return to Providence that same afternoon, thanks to the International Date Line.

But that's the future, and there's a good 72 hours that need to be chronicled. And that's where we go next...

I'm going to write the events as a series of posts...order be damned.

-Kippu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home