10.01.2006

35 minutes until the first flight of this journey

Yesterday - whirlwind of activity. Left me feeling totally fried and unable to sleep. Went to be at 12 and got up at 4:15 with no problem. Easiest morning ever. New mantra for traveling: when leaving early in the morning, pack EVERYTHING. I've been up for an hour and a half and I just put on my watch...it was in my bag waiting for me to get to it.

It's amazing, but yes, I got done with everything on my list, plus a few. Decided on the flash, as iChat can't cut through the Met's firewalls, so that seemed most logical, and no one really seemed to know how to connect from iChat to a corporate video-conferencing set-up. So instead I went with the flash, to improve the quality of images I bring back. And to increase the weight of stuff I'm carrying around. But alas, not a big deal.

(Got to Dulles International Airport in Washington DC about 10 minutes ago. My next flight, to San Francisco, departs in 90 minutes. It was a small United Express Plane - 45 passenger, the kind that tried to take off from a short runway in Kentucky a few months ago...apparently this time it wasn't a problem.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home